Sunday, December 25, 2016

Homemade Body Lotion


1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Cocoa Butter
1/3 Cup Shea Butter
1/3 Cup Sweet Almond Oil

Combine coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, sweet almond oil into a double boiler and stir over medium heat until the oils have melted.


1 Tsp Vitamin E Oil
15 Drops Essential Oil

Remove from the heat, add vitamin E oil and essential oil.

Pop into refrigerator for approximately 1 to 2 hours (it took 2 hours for me, but check after 1 hour, 2nd time when I made this, it took me 4 hours. Third time i left it for 3 hours and it became hard, so it better to check after each hour and decide whether its ready). You want the oil to firm up but not get hard.


Whip it for 2 minutes using hand mixer.


Note: I really love this recipe, i use this as body lotion and as a lip balm. First time, i tried with Lavender essential oil, 2nd time I used Tea Tree oil, 3rd time, I used Lemon Grass, so far my favorite is 1. Lemon Grass 2. Lavender 3. Tea Tree Oil
Source: mariahdolan

No comments:

Post a Comment